Functions of DIET
Training and Orientation of the Target Groups as mentioned below:
(1) To impart training and orientation to primary school teachers of both types (pre-service and in service).
(2) Principal teachers, heads of school, complexes and officers up to the level of education unit.
(3) Teacher educators and supervisors of non-formal and adult education.
(4) Members of District Education Board and Village Education Committees Community Leaders, Youths and other Swayam Sevaks, desiring to work for educational activities.
(5) Experts who can work as resource-persons for imparting training to persons mentioned in 1.1 and 1.2 above are to be covered in training and orientation work.
Primary and Adult Education in the District
(1) To undertake extension activities to communication And services
(2) To provide TLM and training services to teachers and Teacher educators
(3) Development of locally available material educational TLMs and evaluation tools
(4) To impart services as Evaluation Centre’s for programs Of primary schools and non-formal – adult education and To provide educational tools and material services.
(1) To recognize needs by doing educational field survey.
(2) Micro-Planning (on the basis of Survey)
(3) Top find out innovations in the field of supervision with a view to expanding them in fields.
(4) To publish DIET bulletin and magazines, to provide information to education fields through articles thereof.
(5) To co-ordinate the whole work.
(6) To provide assistance to the State Council of Educational Research and Training in development of materials and evaluation and monitoring.